Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wireframing a website with text.

Over the last few weeks I've learned just how much I didn't know about web design and management, but I was also pleasantly surprised by just how much I do know. One of the things I learned is that it's easy to picture a site design in your head, but a little harder to actually explain it to someone without a wireframe. Enter Balsamiq Mockups, a tool that lets you have that "I designed it on a paper napkin" look even though you'd never touch a pencil to save your life because you're a total computer geek...

I also absolutely hate having to make up filler text for my test sites during the design. I remembered seeing the Lorem Impsum random text whenever someone wants to show off a site design or even a font, so a quick Google search turned up the Lorem Ipsum generator. Way faster than making up something funny for a wireframe.

No comments: